Cheap & Easy DIY Camper Van Plumbing System – Van Life
Our cheap and easy DIY campervan plumbing setup includes a bar sink, flexible phtalate-free pipes, a 5-gallon bucket with a sealed lid, 2 x Desert Patrol water jugs, a marine foot pump, a copper pipe faucet, a bulkhead fitting, hose bib, a garden hose, and quick release connections.
We planned this simple plumbing system for our van because we have zero plumbing skills, but we also wanted to make sure that we could pick up a replacement part at any hardware store. We didn’t want to spend the extra money to buy an RV specific water tank or anything like that because it would be harder to install and replace if ever there was a leak or other problem.
We kept our entire system inside the van because we plan to spend most of our time in the van in Canada, and we thought there would be less chance of our water freezing if it’s indoors.
Here are the links to the products we mentioned in the video. We hope you found this helpful!
Full discloser: we earn an affiliate fee from qualifying purchases made using the links below.
Whale Marine Foot Pump (affiliate link):
Desert Patrol 6 Gallon Water Container (affiliate link):
NordVPN special offer (affiliate link):
or use this discount code ‘exploringalternatives’ to save 77%
A special thank you to Create Wondr for helping us find this foot pump! We love it! You can check out their epic van conversion here:
Thanks for watching!
Mat & Danielle
STAY IN TOUCH!
We want our channel and our comments section to be an inclusive space where everyone feels welcome to watch and to contribute. For this reason, comments that are inappropriate or hateful will be reported and/or deleted.
Please discuss and debate with respect, and report inappropriate or hateful comments directly to YouTube.
SUBTITLES AND CLOSED CAPTIONS
A very special thank you to our subtitle and closed captions contributors!
If you would like to contribute subtitles or closed captions to an Exploring Alternatives video, please click here to see which ones need your help:
We occasionally include paid sponsor messages/integrations in our videos to help fund the channel. We do our best to work with companies and organizations that offer products or services that are in line with our values, and that we think would be interesting and useful to our viewers.
We will always disclose if we’re promoting products that were given to us for free, or if we’re including a sponsored message in our video.
For business or sponsorship inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Music & Song Credits:
All music in this video was composed, performed, and recorded by Mat of Exploring Alternatives.
Mat and Danielle of Exploring Alternatives
Mat of Exploring Alternatives
- DIY PLUMBING IN A VAN #vanlife #vanbuild
- Van Plumbing | Van Build Step 8
- PVC Water Pipe Easy to Install | DIY Home Plumbing
- Plumbing Van Accessories
- Plumbing A House With Pex-A (DIY Expansion Pex Installation)
- Your Entire Plumbing System & What You Need to Know About It | Plumbing Basics
- 10 DIY Plumbing Mistakes NOT To Make! | GOT2LEARN
- DIY Bathroom plumbing (Bathroom Drain and Vent)
- 10 DIY Plumbing Mistakes and How to Fix Them (+Tips & Tricks) | GOT2LEARN
- 8 LOCKDOWN PLUMBING DIY JOBS TO KEEP YOU SANE DURING CORONAVIRUS
- How to Fix A Running Toilet GUARANTEED | DIY Plumbing Repair
- Most Common Plumbing Problems and How to Fix Them | DIY Plumbing
- DIY Sewer Plumbing
- 5 Tips to Avoid Frozen Pipes This Winter – DIY Plumbing
- Don't Call a Plumber! (Yet) | A Plumbing DIY Guide
Last update 2020-12-18. Price and product availability may change.